The Model 312S precision pick-up arm is an extension of the popular Series 300 range designed with maximising performance and ease of use in mind. It has a detachable magnesium headshell to provide the convenience of rapid cartridge interchange whilst maintaining a degree of rigidity normally only associated with arms of one piece design.
The 12 inch magnesium construction takes advantage of the reduction in Maximum tracking error/distortion afforded by the greater arm length when compared with 9 inch models.
- The 12in pressure die-cast magnesium construction takes advantage of the reduction in maximum tracking error/distortion afforded by the greater arm length when compared with 9in models.
- Unique pressure die-cast magnesium shell detachable and interchangeable without disturbing cartridge or wiring.
- Design of headshell clamping ensures a rigid junction with the tone-arm.
- Stainless steel cross shaft, ground and thread ground. Carried in massive yoke on 10mm precision ball races. Axes at record mean level to minimise warp-wow.
- Unique assembly gives high rigidity and allows bearings to be critically adjusted before the tone-arm is fitted.
- Stainless steel vertical shaft, ground and thread ground, with integral 16mm diameter flange to couple shaft and yoke.
- 23mm diameter steel pillar, heat treated, ground and honed, carries two 17mm precision ball races, widely spaced to resist tilt.
- Internal constrained layer damps minute residual vibrations making tone-arm acoustically inert.
- Tungsten-alloy balance weight carried on two-point suspension. Extra-low inertia design assists warp riding.
- Underslung weight housing corrects centre of gravity and provides non-reflective tone-arm termination.
- Swivelling, damped output socket minimises vibration transmission in sub-chassis use.
- Anti-skate control operates through tension spring and filament. Dial calibrated to correspond with VTF and has positive OFF position.
- Lowering/raising control gives smooth positive action. Height of lift can be adjusted.
- Dual-lock base provides movement control with high rigidity.
- Reference lines on tone-arm facilitate VTA setting.
- Fine adjustment of horizontal tracking angle (HTA).
- Cartridge leads and internal wiring in Silver litz.
Effective mass: 14.0g
Cartridge balance range: 7.0 – 19.0g
+ One accessory weight – up to 24.5g
+ Two accessory weight – up to 30.0g
Maximum tracking error: 0.009°/mm
Null points: Inner 63.62mm; Outer 119.46mm
Internal wiring: Ultra-flexible Silver litz
Audio lead: Length 1.2m
Weight net: 820.0g